28 Things I’ve Learned In 28 Years: Life Lesson
28 Things I’ve learned in 28 years. When you touch 20 it’s like the time starts to fly by so quickly! by the time you turn around you are 28 going on 30. I can’t believe that I’m 28 already! Time waits on no man so savour those moments and enjoy your journey as you go along. Don’t forget to live while working towards where you want to go.
There is so much I’ve learned in my 28 years I could write a book or 4. But I’ll just be sharing 28 as I turned 28 in October.
1. Put God first in everything that you do. You could be eating something as small as a candy bar, thank him for it. Have God in the front, middle and back of your life, better yet have him every where.
2. People will fail you, especially family. To some family is everything, to me family doesn’t mean everything because not all families are family. Not because you’re related by blood means you are family. Family is wherever home is and where love is.
3. Take care of your health and your health will take care of you.
4. Don’t compare yourself to others. There is only one you and no one can never be you. You are unique and made in God’s image.
5. It’s ok to not have the answers to everything, day by day the answers to your questions will be revealed, keep trusting in God.
6. Sometimes you have to loose to win.
7. There is nothing wrong with being a private person, as not everyone is happy for you.
8. Making mistakes is ok, just learn from them and move on.
9. Have faith through the storms and bumps in the road that comes your way and know that God will always see you through.
10. Don’t let fear hold you back, this is a lesson I’m currently learning
11. Staying in your comfort zone won’t get you anywhere, also learning this currently. I know I need to step outside of my comfort zone and I’m trying to work on that daily. I did it before so I know I can.
12. The right person will love you unconditionally.
13. People will belittle you but remember you have nothing to prove to anyone but yourself.
14. Each season of your life has a purpose and you will see why God put you through certain things in each new season of your life.
15. You have to disconnect to reconnect, take social media breaks, and spend time with yourself.
16. Cherish those who cherish you, and appreciate those who appreciate you.
17. People come and people go, only those who truly love you will always be there.
18. Never expect apologies, ego won’t allow them to.
19. Always talk through problems, and learn to ask before you assume.
20. Write down your goals then tackle them.
21. It’s ok to feel down, just don’t stay down for more than a day. The deeper you dig yourself into self-pity the harder it is to get back up.
22. You are your competition. Compete with yourself to be better than you were yesterday.
23. Genuine people do exist.
24. It’s ok to not have everything together by 25, not be married by 25, and not have kids by 25.
Years Of Lessons
25. Love yourself just the way you are, change what you can and accept what you can’t change.
26. Learn to be ok by yourself, and love your own company. It’s ok to talk to yourself and answer yourself, you aren’t crazy.
27. People will treat you badly, but always treat people with kindness even if they don’t deserve it.
28. You can be whoever you want to be. You can do all you are passionate about, without having to minus anything. Simply learn to balance everything. I’m not saying it will take days it may even take years to balance but know you don’t have to dim your light.
These are the 28 Things I’ve Learned In 28 Years. Some of these lessons I’ve learnt from I was much younger but I still shared them. What lesson/lessons resonate with you?
Thank you so much for stopping by, If you have not seen my latest post you can read it HERE.
LOVE, LIGHT & BLESSINGS
Many of the lessons you learned at 28, I’m still learning on 38. It’s interesting to see how the journey keeps going and these lessons and their teachings continue to evolve.
The older we get, the more attention we pay to time. Because we feel that more of it is behind us than there is left in front of us. But we always have the same, which is now.
Great lessons, thank you for sharing them with us.
Yes so true. You are welcome
Mind Beauty Simplicity
great lessons and reflection! hope your 28th year is amazing!
Thank you, I claim it and receive it!!
I feel like some of these I’m still learning now! It can be hard but you are spot on with these. Posts like these are so important!
As you go along you will learn so much more, yes they sure are a great reminder