10 Self-care Tips For Taking Care Of You. #blogtober
Selfcare is important in your daily life. I will be sharing with you self-care tips that can help you take better care of yourself. Too often we neglect ourselves because we are so busy with day-to-day life. We then come home tired and just have dinner, go to bed, wake up the next day and repeat. Not remembering that if we don’t take care of our bodies, they won’t take care of us.
Self-care is not selfish it is important and it should be done daily! Focusing on only you for even 30mins-1hr per day can be such a game changer for you. You will feel so much more relaxed and less stressed. Focus on things you love, whether it be reading, gaming, doing skincare, getting a massage, journaling and so much more.
Workout – Working out helps so much in releasing stress as well as keeping active lowers your chances of certain things happening to you. When you work out in the mornings it gives you a different feeling, more energized and ready to take on the day. However, if mornings don’t work for you ensure you even get 15 mins of workout in the evening.
2. Play a game – I had to add this to my self-care tips as I’m a gamer! But you can of course play games with your family or your friends. Those who are gamers like me you know once you get stuck to that laptop or tv screen you go into a whole different zone!
Self-care is not selfish
3. Add more fruits and veggies to your diet – I find that incorporating more healthy options in your diet helps so much and your body feels different. You feel less fatigue and your energy level keeps up even if you’re very tired. Adding more healthy options to your diet makes you snack less because you stay full for longer.
4. Practice speaking positively daily – When it comes to self-care speaking positively to yourself daily and how you view yourself is so important. Remember to always give yourself grace on those hard days that you feel like giving up. Write 2-3 things you are grateful for daily.
5. Read/Listen to an audiobook – Reading is therapeutic for the mind and if you’re listening to an audiobook that will also help you to drown out the outside noise and the overthinking and makes you focus more on what’s playing. Lay/sit down, close your eyes and listen, if you fall into slumber even better.
6. Treat yourself to small things – From time to time, it’s so important to treat yourself. Purchase something you’ve wanted for a while or even something you have on your wish list. For me each week or every other week I treat myself to something self-care. The smallest thing could just be rewarding yourself with an ice cream cone when you accomplish something.
7. Take a social media break – Many of us use social media to market our businesses, blogs or as influencers. Sometimes you need to take a break as social media can become overwhelming and sometimes toxic. Yes, social media has its positives but it has its negatives too. Once it starts making you feel down whenever you start scrolling it’s time to take a break.
8. Do things that make you happy – Art is one of my happy places, art is therapy to me can you relate? I also love finding new series and movies to watch. I live for movie nights with my partner. What are things that make you happy?.
9. Meditate – Meditation helps so much in reducing stress and keeping your anxiety levels down and it also helps you to relax and regulate negative thinking. Whenever my anxiety is at its highest I meditate, but I think I need to incorporate it daily. Find a quiet spot, turn on some meditation music and breathe.
10. Take a vacation – Taking a vacation doesn’t mean that you have to book a flight or a hotel. You can simply vacation at home if that’s what you want. Sometimes taking a little vacation is all you need to rejuvenate and come back more motivated and energized to tackle all that you need and have to do.
What Self-care Tips do you use in your daily life? If you have not seen my previous post you can read HERE